Group Outdoor Training & Education Classes
Outdoor Group Training Classes will resume in the Fall of 2020. Thank you for your patience.
There is so much that you can go and do with your dog in Edmonton and I want you to be able to simply enjoy that with your dog, so these classes have been designed to raise your expectations and to challenge both you and your dog to think and experience life outside the box! My classes are taught with a safety first perspective to educate you and give you the skills necessary to enjoy your urban outings.
The group course offers so much more than sit, stay and come. Within these classes, you are given the necessary tools to establish a positive and trusting relationship that will allow you to safely manage your dog on and off it’s leash, all while creating a true bond that will last a lifetime! All of our group classes are held outdoors in different locations throughout the city where you and your dog will be exposed to real world situations, with real world distractions.
You will be introduced to the basics of off leash walking, street & vehicle safety, how to meet and greet other dogs, jumping up, nutrition, toys, mental stimulation, and dog massage in addition to addressing your individual training needs. There is no Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced classes, and we do not discriminate against the breed, size or the age of a dog. All are welcome! The only tools that are needed to begin your training classes are a six foot nylon leash, a properly sized Martingale collar and a positive attitude!
Group classes are interactive and most importantly, we have a lot of FUN, so you are encouraged to bring along the whole family!
We are constantly on the move during these classes so please wear comfortable clothing and sturdy footwear such as running shoes.
Get your name on the list for the 2020 Group Outdoor Classes now! Due to the small class sizes, spots are LIMITED so please do not wait to register.
Keep your eyes on our website and the Family Dawgs Training Facebook page for up to date info on outdoor group training sessions. Feel free to call or send me an email and ask to be put on our mailing list.
- Classes are approximately 1.5 hours each, 2 times per week, for 6 weeks
- Approximately 20 hours of instruction in total
- Cost is $385 for the 6 week course
- Additional dog from the same household receives a 50% discount
- Approved martingale collar and 6 foot nylon leash required, unless a prior agreement with the trainer has been made
Short on time? Need help with a specific problem? These one-on-one sessions are designed to give training advice tailored specifically to you and your dog. The training sessions take place in your home, or at a mutually agreed upon location such as a mall or a park. There is a lot of information to process during the first meeting so a follow-up session is critical to ensuring success with your dog and to address any questions that may arise.
Private sessions run all year long, we may just need to wait for a nicer day to do outdoor work.
- Initial Private Training Session includes two meetings
- Each meeting is 1-2 hours in length
- Cost for the Initial Private Training Session is $275
- After completing the Inital Private Training Session, additional training is available at your request
- Cost for additional private sessions is $50/session
- Approved martingale collar and 6 foot nylon leash required, unless an alternate arrangement is agreed upon
Once you and your dog have completed our Outdoor Group Training Classes, you are eligible to drop in for some continuing education. Come meet new people, new dogs, and brush-up on your skills. Who knows, you might even learn something new!
- Cost is $12 per class